News Headline Summary
Japanese Finance Minister Aso says no plan to buy foreign bonds
- Talk of currency wars is going too far.
- Weaker JPY is the result of trying to tackle deflation.
- JPY weakened without intervention.
Reaction details (00:24)
- No immediate reaction seen in USD/JPY, trades 93.40 (-15 pips) last.
- 5 Minutes following these comments, USD/JPY has moved lower by 25 pips from 93.43 to 93.18, trades 93.26 (-30 pips) last.
20 Feb 2013 - 00:16
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts