- A policy accord with BoJ will say clearly what govt. and BoJ must do for the economy.
- JPY has corrected to level in line with fundamentals.
- An excessively weak JPY has negative effects on livelihoods and is not good for the economy.
- Co.s must be able to overcome some forex disadvantages.
- A weaker JPY is not beneficial for importing resources such as oil and food.
- This is the first time we heard comments from LDP government on the negative effects of a weaker JPY.
- In an immediate reaction to this comments, USD/JPY spiked lower by 28 pips from 89.57 to 89.29, trades 89.31 (-17pips) last.
Print 02:29, 15 Jan 2013 - Asian News - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: