News Headline Summary
Japan PM Abe says it is possible to reach 2% price target with monetary policy
- Calls on BoJ to do all it can to fight deflation.
- Achieving a 2% target alone is not enough, must be accompanied by strong economic growth.
- Japan's currency is correcting.
- Correction of FX moves driving up corporate profits which will help increase wages.
Reaction details (01:37)
- No immediate reaction seen in USD/JPY, trades 94.25 (-4 pips) last.
Analysis details (01:33)
- These comments are a reiteration of Japan's inflation target rate.
- BoJ's next meeting is scheduled for February 14.
12 Feb 2013 - 01:29
Subscribe Now to
Click here for a 1 week free trial
provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts