- Calls on BoJ to do all it can to fight deflation.
- Achieving a 2% target alone is not enough, must be accompanied by strong economic growth.
- Japan's currency is correcting.
- Correction of FX moves driving up corporate profits which will help increase wages.
Reaction details (01:37)
- No immediate reaction seen in USD/JPY, trades 94.25 (-4 pips) last.
Analysis details (01:33)
- These comments are a reiteration of Japan's inflation target rate.
- BoJ's next meeting is scheduled for February 14.
12 Feb 2013 - 01:29 - Forex - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: