News Headline Summary
Hitachi Metals (5486 JT) and Hitachi Cable (5812 JT) plan to merge in April, according to Nikkei
- Hitachi Metals and Hitachi Cable are to hold board meetings Tuesday to formally decide on merger.
- Both companies shares suspended in Tokyo.
- Both companies said afterwards that it's not source of merger report.
Reaction details (00:15)
- Hitachi Metals shares fall 5.9% at reopen in Tokyo trading.
- Hitachi Cable shares rise 16% at reopen in Tokyo trading.
12 Nov 2012 - 23:22
Subscribe Now to
Click here for a 1 week free trial
provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts