- The budget passed with 167 'Yes' votes.
- 151 votes were required.
- This means that Greek parliament has passed both the austerity and budget vote now.
- The vote was seen as key to Greece being able to satisfy various European partners in obtaining its next tranche of aid.
- No reaction seen in EUR/USD as analysts were expecting this to pass given its importance in Greece being able to pay its pending debt obligations.
- The news maybe more closely followed at the European open later on Monday morning.
Print 22:47, 11 Nov 2012 - Asian News - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: