- German ZEW Survey (Current Situation) (Dec) M/M 5.7 vs. Exp. 6.0 (Prev. 5.4)
- ZEW says Germany will not have to face a recession although cooling down of economic activity will last until beginning of 2013.
- German economy likely to bottom out rather than turn up in next 6 months.
Reaction details (18:05)
- In immediate reaction to the better than expected data release:
- EUR/USD moved from 1.2962 to 1.2974.
- Dax future moved from 7569 to 7581.
- Mar-Bund future moved lower from 145.57 to 145.38.
Analysis details (18:06)
- The data came in far above the analyst's high estimate of -5.0.
11 Dec 2012 - 18:00 - - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: