- Schaeuble support for write-down came at Paris talks with France, Spain, Italy, EU, ESM and IMF.
- Schaeuble one day later backtracked, rules-out write-down of principal in Eurogroup meeting.
- Schaeuble said gradual debt forgiveness possible from 2015 onward if Greece sticks to promises.
Reaction details (17:46)
- No reaction across asset classes following these comments despite highlight a shift in view from the German official.
Analysis details (17:46)
- Earlier today it was reported that the German finance minister told lawmakers ECB believes Greece can raise EUR 9bln through T-bill issues and it is still open question whether 2020 or 2022 is benchmark for Greek debt sustainability according to a source.
21 Nov 2012 - 17:41 - Fixed Income Economic Commentary - Source: WSJ
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: