News Headline Summary
FOMC discount rate minutes show that 10 regional Fed banks wanted steady discount rate at 0.75%, Kansas City Fed again sought to rise to 1% while Boston Fed wanted to cut to 0.5%
Fed Officials Say:
- Cautiously optimistic about economic growth at December meeting.
- Economic activity mixed acorns sectors.
- See strength in autos, no sign of other manufacturing gains.
- Fed Regional bank directors saw inflation as subdued.
Reaction details (14:05)
- No reaction observed across the asset classes following this news.
Analysis details (14:05)
- These comments are almost identical in nature to those from the previous FOMC Discount Rate minutes.
08 Jan 2013 - 14:00
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts