Analysis details (07:36)
- EUR/USD has pared back earlier losses to trade high on the day by 40 pips in reaction to this headline, and Bund futures trade back below 143.00 with downside in German paper.
- DAX futures are also seeing upside with this optimism, and the Spanish 10yr yield pulling off session highs at 5.86% last.
- SP/GE 10yr yield tighter on the day by 1.07bps and IT/GE by 4.47.
- It is worth bearing in mind that yesterday there was market talk that Spain would be request aid imminently however this was disregarded with expectation of a request now at the end of this year/beginning of 2013.
- Also a financial request for aid would normally come from the PM, in this case Rajoy, as opposed to an official from the EU.
14 Nov 2012 - 07:25 - Forex Rumour - Source: RANsquawk
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: