- If inflation rises too high, Fed has tools to combat it, including raising rates and selling assets.
- Fed watching carefully for reckless risk-taking in financial system, but most signs point to risk aversion.
- Research shows Qe1 and QE2 together trimmed unemployment rate by 1.5%.
- Fed's QE programs probably kept US economy from falling into deflation.
Analysis details (01:08)
- Williams is a voter on the FOMC but is a well known dove so these QE supportive comments are of no surprise.
06 Nov 2012 - 01:00 - Fixed Income Data - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: