Williams is now taking Q&A.
- Fed during an exit would sell bonds at a gradual pace.
- When the time comes to tighten, Fed will first raise rates, then sell assets gradually.
- US economy is still somewhat fragile.
- US economic growth will continue to improve.
- Effect of current round of asset-buying depends on how much market participants think Fed will buy in total.
* For Williams initial comments please refer to our headline post at 0100GMT.
Analysis details (02:07)
- Williams is a FOMC voter and a known dove.
06 Nov 2012 - 02:06 - - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: