Fed's Plosser says there is still a lot of uncertainty
- Economy is growing at a moderate pace.
- Is dubious about the benefits of replacing operation twist.
- Expiration of operation twist is not necessarily policy tightening.
- Would not support adoption of numerical thresholds of unemployment, inflation to guide policy.
- Not comfortable keeping rates near zero into 2016.
Analysis details (22:57)
- Plosser is a non-voter on the FOMC with a hawkish view.
15 Nov 2012 - 22:50- Fixed IncomeBank Speaker- Source: Newswires
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
- Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
- Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
- Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
- Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
- Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
- One-to-one chat with our expert analysts