- Predicts GDP growth modestly above 2%
- Aggressive easing needed to revive jobs
- Employment to improve only gradually
- Inflation will probably stay close to 2% target
- Sees tension between monetary and fiscal policies
Reaction details (15:46)
- No movement across asset classes as Lockhart has offered no new insight into Fed monetary polcy decisions.
Analysis details (15:46)
- Fed's Lockhart is a voter on the FOMC and is known for his dovish stance so these comments in-fitting with his poisiton in the Fed.
16 Nov 2012 - 15:40 - Fixed Income Bank Speaker - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: