News Headline Summary
Fed's Kocherlakota says if anything US monetary policy is too tight, not too easy, given anemic forecasts for growth
- Sees no conflict in pursuing both fed mandates.
- Sees inflation too low, unemployment too high today.
- US citizens are conservative on spending.
- Sees 'too tight' Fed policy with subdued inflation.
- Forecasts growth of 2.5% this year and 3% for 2014.
_ Sees inflation at 1.6% in 2013, inflation of 1.9% in 2014 and unemployment at about 7.5% at end of 2013.
11 Jan 2013 - 01:20
Subscribe Now to
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts