- Sees US fiscal policy's impact on growth this year in line with expectations.
- US consumer is no longer in a position to be engine of world growth.
- Fed's threshold policy allows for inflation at times to run modestly above 2%.
- Fed support needed while government tackles deficit.
- Too much austerity too soon could be damaging.
Reaction details (19:24)
- No immediate reaction observed in EUR/USD, trades 1.3377 (+34 pips) last.
Analysis details (19:25)
- Of note, Fed's Evans is a non-voter this year with dovish stance.
13 Jan 2013 - 19:20 - Fixed Income - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: