News Headline Summary
Fed Chairman Bernanke says we need to think about long-term debt sustainability
- Federal budget must be brought under control.
- US in a relatively fragile recovery.
- Fiscal cuts too sharp may weaken economy.
- Recovery shouldn't be unduly hampered.
- More work to be done over longer period.
- We are not out of the woods yet.
- Saw a bit of progress in recent fiscal deal.
14 Jan 2013 - 21:16
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts