- Housing is a positive factor that will help US have a better year in 2013.
- As long as fiscal policy not too 'messed up', consumers seem to be upbeat.
- Unemployment is still quite high.
- Aggressive monetary policy justified.
- We have the tools we need to undo our stimulus before inflation becomes a problem.
- Will pay close attention to make sure inflation is well contained as at is today.
- Says worst thing we could do would be to raise interest rates prematurely, causing a recession.
- FED will continue to assess effectiveness of QE because impact of policy tools can vary over time as situation changes.
Print 21:30, 14 Jan 2013 - Fed - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: