- Only after monetary policy is used at its full extent would fiscal policy be effective in stimulating the economy.
- Monetary policy effective for affecting floating foreign exchange rates.
- BoJ should try "as much as possible" in terms of JGB buying to beat deflation.
- There is always risk of money oversupply creating inflation, but no ground for substantial inflation in Japan now.
- In an immediate reaction to these comments, USD/JPY moved up 4 pips to 90.00 from 89.96, trades at 89.95 (+7 pips) last.
Print 03:56, 18 Jan 2013 - Asian News - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: