News Headline Summary
EU sets out financial tax proposal for 11 willing nations
- EU seeks 0.1% tax rate on stocks and bonds and 0.01% on derivatives.
- EU tax plan includes residence based and issuance based collection.
- Sees tax plan generating EUR 30-35bln per year.
- EU plan includes pension funds and excludes retail transaction.
- EU plan sets goal of January 2014 for transaction tax start.
13 Feb 2013 - 23:00
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts