- Spain has adopted sizeable measures on consolidation.
- Spain's structural balance improvement is in line with what the EU ministers asked of Madrid.
- Spain is making progress.
- No further steps in excessive deficit procedure are needed.
- Spanish measures for 2014 fall short of what is required by EU ministers.
- Will reassess Spanish finances again in February.
- Only Spain can make decision to request aid.
Analysis details (10:34)
- The comments from Rehn come as he is speaking on the deficit situation in Spain, and has so far said nothing outside of market expectations.
14 Nov 2012 - 10:30 - Economic Commentary - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: