- OMT bond-buying will not be automatic.
- German ECB support could gain if voting rules are changed.
- ECB won't automatically buy bonds if aid requested.
- Supports idea of changing ECB voting rights to better reflect countries' risk burdens.
Analysis details (15:53)
- The comments from Nowotny refer to their bond-buying program which, as yet, has not been utilised. Markets look ahead for any colour from the ECB President Draghi who is set to take the stand on Thursday in his usual press conference following their rate announcement.
05 Nov 2012 - 15:50 - - Source: Handelsblatt
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: