- EUR has risen against JPY but not to dramatic extent.
- Talk of a currency war is absolutely unnecessary.
- Reiterates sees Eurozone economy hitting low point in Q1 then gradually improving.
- Eurozone crisis over for financial markets, not yet over for the real economy.
- SNB more likely to raise target to 1.30 than lower.
- These comments are similar to those seen from Nowotny over the weekend who said said it is too early to say that the European debt crisis has ended though there's no doubt the Euro area is more stable and secure than six months ago.
- A small move higher was seen in EUR/USD following these comments, moving 5 pips higher to 1.3355 before paring; trades 1.3350 last.
Print 11:30, 18 Feb 2013 - ECB - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: