- EU now needs single resolution mechanism.
- Creation of financial market union is critical.
- ESM can only aid banks after ECB takes up supervision.
- Asmussen's comment on negative deposit rates is not that surprising given his general hawkish slant on monetary policy, hence limited reaction to the headline.
- No reaction in EUR/USD, trades 1.3275 (+45 pips) last.
Print 11:01, 19 Dec 2012 - Economic commentary - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: