- The input price sub-index jumped to it's highest since September 2011.
- The new orders sub-index, which has the biggest weighting in the PMI, climbed to 53.7, a level last seen since January 2011.
Reaction details (10:50)
- AUD/USD immediately moved higher by 12 pips to 1.0416 from 1.0404, trades 1.0418 (-3 pips) last.
- 2 minutes following the release, WTI moved higher by USD 0.03 to USD 97.56 from USD 97.53.
- 2 minutes after the release, the Hang Seng Index moved up 0.19% to 23,615.08.
Analysis details (10:57)
- HSBC China Chief Economist sees increasing signals of a sustained growth recovery in coming months.
- The steady investment growth led by infrastructure projects, improving labour market conditions boosting consumer spending, and the ongoing re-stocking process to lift production growth.
01 Feb 2013 - 10:45 - - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: