- You might be tempted to think above-target inflation justifies tighter monetary policy but MPC remit is medium term.
- Policy stance exceptionally supportive but if necessary MPC will do more.
- If domestic price pressures subdued, MPC will look through temporary, protracted above target inflation to support recovery.
- Must recognise there are limits to what monetary stimulus can achieve on its own.
- MPC didn't see need for unconditional guidance.
13 Feb 2013 - 10:38 - Energy Data - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: