- MPC considered cutting bank rate, buying other assets and changing remuneration of banks' reserves but existing drawbacks remained.
- More targeted interventions may be more effective.
- Sees slow, sustained UK recovery and headwinds remain.
- May need measures to boost credit from non-bank lenders.
- King, Miles and Fisher voted for QE.
Reaction details (18:39)
- Within 3 minutes of the release, GBP/USD fell from 1.5431 to 1.5347 and Mar-Gilt futures rallied from 115.13 to 116.47.
20 Feb 2013 - 18:30 - Forex - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: