News Headline Summary
Bank of Japan's Shirai says current policy commitment is equivalent to inflation target
- Don't mind calling BoJ price goal target if policy flexible.
- Japan economy may show signs of recovery around mid-2013.
- Voted against reserve rate cut in December as still too early.
- Not ruling out option of reserve-rate cut.
- No immediate reaction observed following his comments, trades 87.49 (-28 pips) last.
04:39, 08 Jan 2013 -
02:13, 09 Jan 2013
Japan to pick Bank of Japan head who acknowledges bold monetary easing, according to the Chief Cabinet Secretary
01:58, 09 Jan 2013
Magnitude 5.9 quake 60 miles east-south-east of Hohima, India, according to NOAA
23:30, 08 Jan 2013
The government and Bank of Japan plan to set no deadline for meeting an inflation target, according to Nikkei
23:08, 08 Jan 2013
BoJ time frame to achieve inflation and jobs is seen as key for the JPY, according to Nomura
22:11, 08 Jan 2013
Earlier in the US session, we heard that the Bank of Japan is to consider easing policy again in January, according sources
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2130 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX and energy markets
Real-time scrolling news service
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Intra-day market update videos
Daily technical analysis