News Headline Summary
Bank of Japan's Shirai says current policy commitment is equivalent to inflation target
- Don't mind calling BoJ price goal target if policy flexible.
- Japan economy may show signs of recovery around mid-2013.
- Voted against reserve rate cut in December as still too early.
- Not ruling out option of reserve-rate cut.
Reaction details (04:41)
- No immediate reaction observed following his comments, trades 87.49 (-28 pips) last.
08 Jan 2013 - 04:38
Subscribe Now to
Click here for a 1 week free trial
provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts