- BoJ members agreed Japan's economy appears to stop weakening.
- BoJ members agree economy will return to moderate recovery path.
- BoJ members agree CPI to turn negative before moving to zero.
- BoJ members agree to pursue aggressive easing to achieve target.
- Some BoJ members said buying longer maturity JGB is one option.
- Some BoJ members said increasing risk asset buys is one option.
- One BoJ member said inflation rate may overshoot on excessive easing.
- One BoJ member said immediate start of open-ended buys is one option.
Reaction details (18:53)
- No immediate reaction seen in USD/JPY, trades 96.63 (+33 pips) last.
Analysis details (18:59)
- BoJ announced no new monetary easing steps on February meeting.
11 Mar 2013 - 18:50 - - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: