- BoJ will increasingly take bold monetary policy steps.
- Recent JPY moves likely to underpin exports.
- BoJ has made strong pledge to pursue easing without interruption next year and beyond.
- BoJ always mulling what more it can do to help economy.
- Japan economy on weak note but seen resuming moderate recovery around middle of this year.
- Overseas growth appears to be picking up, see bright signs in US and China economies.
- JPY clearly weakening recently as risk appetite improves.
- Good chance Japan CPI growth will reach 1% in fiscal 2014.
- CPI growth may fall until around spring, then gradually head up reflecting economic recovery.
Reaction details (20:59)
- USD/JPY immediately moved up by 9pips from 90.97 to 91.08, trades 91.00 (5 pips) last.
30 Jan 2013 - 20:53 - Forex Data - Source: Newswires
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: