.. The previous discount rate minutes in November showed:
- 10 regional Fed banks wanted steady discount rate at 0.75%, Kansas City Fed again sought rise to 1% while Boston Fed wanted cut to 0.5%.
- Saw consumer spending and housing improvement.
- Saw inflation as subdued.
- Manufacturing had weakened.
- Businesses were cautious about hiring.
Print 18:52, 08 Jan 2013 - Economic commentary - Source: RANsquawk
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: