News Headline Summary
A 7.8 magnitude Earthquake reported in Japan off Sanriku according to JMA
- The earthquake has been reported to be shaking buildings in Tokyo.
- Japan issues a 1 metre tsunami alert for North Eastern Japan.
- Earthquake alert issued for Japan's Miyagi, Aomori, Iwate, Yamagata.
- Japan quake intensity 5- on Japan scale of 7.
Analysis details (08:28)
- Japan's 2011 earthquake that caused damage in Tokyo among other cities was a magnitude 9 quake.
07 Dec 2012 - 08:19
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2200 London time plus Asia-Pac 2200 to 1000 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX, energy, and metals markets
Real-time scrolling news service with instant analysis
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Video updates covering near-term key risk events & primary trading themes
One-to-one chat with our expert analysts