News Headline Summary
Enel (ENEL IM) shares down almost 5% and Enel Green Power shares failed to open on time at 0800BST, as market participants react to press reports that Chilean presidential favorite Bachelet is against the planned 2,750-megawatt HidroAysen project...
- Of note, HidroAysén is owned by a corporation which is a joint venture between Endesa (a subsidiary of Italian conglomerate ENEL), with a 51% stake and by Colbún S.A. which owns the other 49%.
- Chile's supreme court approved HidroAysen's five generating units, but environmentalists then brought the project to a special ministerial group for review.
- HidroAysen, whose generating units alone were initially seen costing USD 3.2bln, is now expected to require over USD 8bln in investment, considering the transmission line, according to industry analysts.
07:18, 24 Jun 2013 -
06:51, 25 Jun 2013
DAILY EUROPEAN EQUITY OPENING NEWS: NOW AVAILABLE IN RESEARCH SECTION: Having traded lower by over 5% overnight, Chinese equity indices stage a decent bounce, as market participants await potential comments from the PBOC and other bank officials...
15:37, 24 Jun 2013
European Equities Close (Prelim): FTSE -1.43%, DAX -1.28%, CAC -1.62%, Eurostoxx -1.42%, FTSE MIB -0.53%, IBEX -1.89%, SMI -1.90%
14:11, 24 Jun 2013
Virgin CEO says will weigh five-way tie up with Air France-KLM (AF FP) and Alitalia (AZ IM)
10:05, 24 Jun 2013
Fitch affirms Heidelbergcement (HEI GY) at BB+; outlook stable
08:34, 24 Jun 2013
Repsol (REP SM) board to study a YPF compensation proposal on Wednesday, according to a source
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2130 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX and energy markets
Real-time scrolling news service
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Intra-day market update videos
Daily technical analysis