News Headline Summary
Pre-market Japanese stock news...
Sojitz Corp (2768 JT)
- Co. will launch a business in Myanmar wholesaling food and household items under a partnership with a local retail giant. (Nikkei)
Toyota Motor Corp. (7203 JT) and Suzuki Motor Corp. (7269 JT)
- Co.s cancelled local production in Egypt out of concern for workers' safety amid the ongoing turmoil. (Nikkei)
Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp. (5401 JT)
- Co. plans to provide electricity generated at its Yawata Works in Fukuoka Prefecture to its Kokura Works about 3km away to cut energy costs. (Nikkei)
- Showa Shell (5002 JT) cut to neutral at Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley.
- Sumitomo Metal Mining (5713 JT) cut to neutral at Macquarie.
22:25, 15 Aug 2013 -
03:53, 16 Aug 2013
SK Innovation to shut Ulsan crude unit for maintenance
02:43, 16 Aug 2013
China may allow teapot refineries to import crude, according to C1
23:23, 15 Aug 2013
Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood calls on Egyptians to rally on Friday in a nationwide 'millions march of anger'
22:10, 15 Aug 2013
China's economic slowdown is starting to have an impact on global commodities markets, which are becoming oversupplied from a build-up in key mining inventories, according to a new report by Westpac and the Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics
02:02, 15 Aug 2013
Japanese utilities consumed a total of 846,000kls of crude in July, according to the federation of electric powers
Subscribe Now to RANsquawk
Click here for a 1 week free trial
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000
professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include:
Real-time audio coverage from 0630 to 2130 London time
Teams of analysts covering equities, fixed income, FX and energy markets
Real-time scrolling news service
Daily and weekly pre-market research and calendars
Intra-day market update videos
Daily technical analysis